In my last post, I said that I'd want my form to be landscaped. To set orientation, you need to be on the Margins tab of the Page Setup dialog.
To set up the form:
- Open Word. The default Normal template displays automatically. Remember that this template is the lowest level template with just a few styles...the starting point for lots of documents.
- Select File, Save As, and name the document Research Log.
- Display the Page Setup dialog.
--Word 2003: Select File, and then Page Setup.
--Word 2007/2010: Select the Page Layout tab and locate the Page Setup group. Click the small arrow in the lower right of the group (group launch button).
The dialog appears with the Margins tab displaying by default.
- In the Margins group, enter .5 for the top, bottom, left, and right margins. Since this document is a form, you are going to want to use as much of the surface area of the page as possible.
- In the Orientation group, select Landscaped.
- Click OK, and then save your document.
Next post, we add a table that includes a column (field) for each piece of information that we want to collect.
b.t.w. I live in the Tampa-Bay area. We're grateful to have dodged Isaac. My 81 year old mother lives in New Orleans and she has an evacuation plan in place.