To check a web page:
- Assuming you have the web page open, copy the web page address (highlight the address and press Ctrl + C).
- Click the new tab in your browser. After you click the tab, a new (empty) web page opens.
- In the address bar, type: http://safeweb.norton.com. The Norton page appears.
- Paste the web page address you want to check (press Ctrl + V) in the field is this site safe?, and then press Enter. Norton scans the web page and displays a report.
- Be sure to scroll to the bottom to see the entire report.
No scan is ever fool proof. No virus protection is 100%. However, this free scan should give you some protection when you encounter a web page that makes you nervous.