To add a Pin It button to a blog post:
- Complete your blog post and publish it.
- Confirm that you are on the webpage...not the home page of your blog.
- Copy the address in the address bar (highlight the URL and press Ctrl + C).
- Go to Pinterest Goodies. (Click About and then Pin It Button.)
- Scroll down the page until you see "Pin It" Button for Websites.
- In the field URL of the webpage the pin is on, paste the URL of the post (Ctrl + V).
- In the field Description, type a description of what the button goes to; for example, Walter Thompson Family.
- Look in the box below...it has Java code in it that looks similar to this:
- Copy the Java code in the box. Highlight the code and press Ctrl + C.
- Go back to your blog and edit the post (open it up).
- Paste (Ctrl + V) the code on your clipboard at the beginning or end of your blog post and update the post.
- View the post and confirm that the Pin It button appears...and click it to pin the post to your Genealogy board if you're into shameless self promotion.
I have a minor underhanded recruitment plan going...My much younger sister-in-law is following me on Pinterest. I figure that if I selectively pin my own posts, it will be a passive way of involving her in genealogy. My oldest niece is already interested, and if I know my sister-in-law, my niece will be seeing these posts.